Search Engine Land’s SEO Periodic Table – Pin it on your SEO boards today !
You may know every one of these things about Google already but if you didn’t and if you have a Google snippet, please do share ! Feel free to share or like this post if you found it useful !
Let me guess, you have heard of Facebook and Twitter and maybe even Pinterest. Which social media platforms are you going to get the most out of for your particular business and are you using these platforms in the right way ?
Most social media platforms you have heard of are free but you need to invest your time into them to get results. In order to be succeed with social media, you must be organized, have a clear focus on what you want to say and respond to your community. Here are 10 top tips to get you started.
1. List all your social media accounts and develop a posting calendar so all accounts are kept up to date with no large gaps in time between posting to any of your accounts.
2. When sharing content, make it useful so visitors will want to share with others. Make sure you have social share buttons on all websites and blogs so the content can be easily shared.
3. Respond to all feedback, both positive and negative. Be respectful and if the feedback is negative, this could be a potential moment to learn or gain a new customer by engaging with them.
4. Follow what your industry influencers are sharing and comment on their blogs or pages.
5. Try different social media platforms besides the big 3. Tumblr,Vine and Instagram have gained popularity and the sharing influence of these tools could have enormous potential for your products.
6. Follow back your followers, share or retweet their content which is relevant to what your focus is.
7. Be transparent by showing who you are. Feature team members, showcase a product and a story on how you make that product.
8. Keep your message simple and build trust with followers by being consistent in the message you want to deliver.
9. Remember to use Keywords for SEO. Put a Keyword in your title and remember to check any links in your posts. Broken links make it harder for a search engine to index you.
10. Social Media is not for the hard sell. Leave that job to your sales people. Social Media is way for your business to be part of a community in a useful way by being social and sharing knowledge.
Everyone wants SEO optimization of course but how do you get your blog to be noticed by Google’s little spiders ? Google isn’t the only search engine out there to optimize for but it is the most used. There are a few things to know about SEO and Google.
– When someone starts a search, they type in a few key words. Google then checks its index and displays the first 10 sites with that topic.
– Google is constantly changing its algorithms so you can’t figure out how the spiders decide what to index but there are a few things that can help you with your SEO optimization with Google.
– Spiders like to crawl so make sure your site doesn’t have any broken links which will make it more difficult to index. Check your links on a regular basis to make sure your links are working correctly. Things happen and links that may have worked at one time could need an update.
– Your site title should have Keywords in it that relate to what you are trying to do. A Keyword is a word that could make a match in the Google Search Engine database and make your chances to come up higher in a search greater.
– Spelling and grammar need to be correct and free of typos. Before you publish, check, re-check and then check again before you hit that button. It may take a little more time but it could help your SEO if you correct an error before it hits the internet.
– Google looks for pages that are helpful and interesting. They do this by recording how long a visitor stays on your page and how many pages of the site they actually visit and if they share your content on other social networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook.
– Be specific when writing your post. The more you can narrow down what you are trying to write about the easier it will be to optimize. For example, if you are selling baby clothes and you want your website to come up in a Google search, that is a very broad search term and your chances of coming up in the search will be next to impossible unless you are a known name brand. Try narrowing it down from ‘baby clothes’ to ‘the Designer name, size 7 pink dresses. This will help you come up higher in searches using Keywords.
Mastering SEO is a way you can help your business site attract more of the customer base you need in order to succeed! Don’t forget your Google analytics. Check out your stats to see what is working for you. It’s free, all you need to do is activate a Google account to get your Google stats.
Feel free to ‘Like’ this post or share it on Twitter if you found it useful!
Writing that post that goes viral is not as easy to do as one may think. There are many factors for SEO and catchy content which help the shares of a post go up. Here are few ideas to help write a better blog post.
Your Headline is the first thing people see. The first 55 characters are the most important for SEO. The first 3 words are often the deciding point for the reader if they are going to continue reading on so make those count. Making the heading in a question form helps with search results. Numbers are also a eye grabbing element for readers. The old “How to” can be a good way to get searchable results. A good headline includes a keyword and a promise to the reader.