Are you trying to boost your SEO for your Blog or Website?
Start with good SEO practices to enhance your rankings and search engine visibility. Here are a few tips to try –
1. Are your post to long ? In today’s busy world, our attention is drawn in every direction 24 by 7 hours a day. We don’t have the time to read long winded posts that keep restating the obvious. Most of us have become experts at skimming articles or posts to pick up the most important take aways. A good average is between 300 and 1000 words per post.
2. Have you been posting? Don’t let your site go stale. Google likes a site to be fresh and see that action is happening on it.
3. Are you duplicating your content somehow on your site ? This confuses search engines. I am guilty of this with photos sometimes so be aware of placing content in more than one area on your site.
4. Are you linking to other sites ? The best links are in-bound links but you can also link to other sites you like and try not to link to spam type sites which could lead to a bad link.
6. Are you checking your links ? Links can go bad and search engines do not like broken or bad links. This is another reason to be careful if you are posting content from other websites. Their content could end up becoming unsupported and now you have the content on your site.
7. Are you using a social media analytics tool to discover which content is being shared the most? There are many analytic tools out there. Depending on what social media sites you use the most, many offer their own free analytic dashboard. WordPress, Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook all do.
8. Have you verified your site with Google ? You can do this for free through Google’s Webmaster Tools. This will give you information about traffic through your site and it’s free of course!
Improve your SEO with good practices and keep posting ! Search Engines like Google or Bing like to crawl all over new content. Happy Indexing !