Twitter Tips – Successful Social Media’s Tip of the Day
Are you trying to utilize Twitter in your social media strategy plan for your business ? Are you wondering why your social media consultant wants you to Tweet 3 times a day ? If you want to understand Twitter better, here are a few important tips to help . . .
Have a Twitter Goal Plan Before You Start –
If you want to utilize Twitter to promote your brand, products or services, develop a goal plan before you start Tweeting. The focus of your Tweets can actual change your core audience if you change your Twitter message, which can happen by accident if you do not have a plan to follow.
What should your goal plan look like – First define the overall objective, which could be one or two sentences . . .
Our Twitter objective is to :
A. develop a solid customer Twitter following
B. Cultivate ways on Twitter to encourage our followers to share our product line
Next define the details of your objective:
A. How many followers would you consider a solid customer following ?
B. What is the time frame to which you want to develop the followers?
C. What is the content plan to encourage sharing and retweets of your Twitter posts?
A quick tip to finding reliable content is to sign up for email newsletters in your business field to gather content instead of trying to go out on the web to look for content. Another content source could be one of many content generator tools of which you will find many are free.
D. Decide what you are trying to bring recognition to – Brand, Product or Service -Be specific in defining which products/service have the Twitter priority for your business. If you are in a service industry, do you want to focus on your spectacular service or a special seasonal promotion?
Next address how you will measure your success –
This could be – using Tweet Activity for analytics (which is free) from Twitter – this will show you how much engagement your Tweets are receiving and the sharing or retweeting of them. Tweet Activity will also show the demographics of your audience and percentages.
To sum it all up, here is my list of Top 10 Pieces of Twitter Advice to Remember
1. Stick to what you know and you can’t go wrong.
2. Use correct grammar.
3. Avoid tweeting negatives messages, stay off Twitter if you are mad or until your bad mood passes.
4. Inform your followers, do not make your Twitter all about you and how great you are. You may be great but they will pick up on that after a while.
5. Use HASHTAGS – that’s the # symbol – hashtags allow your content to be discover by others. When you hashtag a word or phrase, Twitter uses who are searching for information on that word or phrase will be able to find your content.
6. Use hashtags wisely – do not over use the # for this can become annoying. The standard 140 word tweet should have between one and three # to be in a normal range. Over use of the hashtag or placing it inappropriately just to get attention is considered bad Twitter etiquette
7. Know your audience – if your business is a local storefront, adding community events to your Twitter Feed and adding a hashtag will help promote your business in your local community.
8. Feed your other Social Media sites to your Twitter to be Tweeted – this means if you have a blog and post to it on a regular basis, make sure to activate Twitter and any other site such as Pinterest, LinkedIn, Facebook, Tumblr to receive your posts which will increase your sharing on other follower’s sites.
9. Remember your analytics and adjust your content accordingly. If you find the tweet trail you are leaving is attracting the wrong crowd, analytics will show you this and you can reevaluate your tweets. Also, reviewing your followers will tell you if you are on target with who you want to engage.
10. Twitter is a SOCIAL MEDIA platform so don’t forget to be social ! Follow back relevant followers, look at their tweets and share by retweeting or liking their posts. If I follow back a new follower, I always try to find something that I can like or share instead of sending a direct message like”thanks for the follow”. Sharing what they post is a nice and helpful way to say “thanks for the follow”.
If you found this post useful, please feel free to share or like !