Successful Social Media Tip of the Day . . . 8 Tips to Improve Your Twitter Results
Wondering how to make your Twitter site come alive ? Starting a Twitter account and leaving it out there to wither and dangle in the wind might not be the best way to go. If you are struggling to figure out how to better utilize your Twitter site, here are 8 tips to help you prove to the boss you have a handle on Twitter . . .
1. Keep Your Twitter Profile Up To Date – make sure all your on-line sites match up – if you change a website address or have new location information, make sure your Twitter profile reflects accurate and up to date information. If you change a profile or product photo on your website, make sure all social media sites you have reflect the new photo.
2. Include Photos In Your Tweets – studies have shown that tweets with photos have a higher rate of engagement and have a much greater chance of being re-tweeted.
3. Tweet Daily – make a plan to schedule tweets throughout the day and tweet daily on a consistent basis. There are many planning tools you can use to schedule tweets in advance. Klout and Hootsuite are easy to learn tools to start out with. If you are not tweeting, there is no incentive for followers to continue following. By tweeting on a regular basis, you will appear in your followers feed, reminding them of who you are and your business.
4. Use The Hashtag # – using between 1 to 3 hashtags to engage your followers will increase your chances of being re-tweeted.
5. Follow The Influencers In Your Industry – read their twitter feeds, see what their most engaging tweets are and their most re-tweeted tweets are about. Re-tweet their engaging tweets, add a comment on a popular tweet and consider following them. Following your influencers will put them into your analytic dashboard and you can see how the follow may have helped your own Twitter.
6. Engage With Your Followers – make it a point to review your Twitter site on a daily or weekly basis to investigate your new followers. Before you follow back, always look at their Twitter site to try and verify they are human. When you are just starting out, this won’t take much of your time but well worth doing to create a strong Twitter profile. If they have a website URL or LinkedIn URL, follow that link to further verify they are who they say they are. If you all of a sudden become famous and have thousands of Twitter follows a day, there are tools to handle the selection of following people back. But if that happens, maybe you won’t need to follow anyone back !
7. Keep Your Content Consistent – if you want to build a solid Twitter following, don’t start ranting about a topic that is so off topic for you. If on occasion you really feel the need, well OK, but don’t make it a habit. Followers follow because they are looking for that standard information you generally tweet about so stick with it.
8. Stay Current – So many times I see an interesting post that I may want to Tweet and then I see the date. Depending on what you are tweeting about, in this day, information becomes obsolete and irrelevant so quickly, even if it is from last year, it may already be not useful information. Do you know how disappointed a follower becomes when they invest time to read a lengthly post only to find it was dated 2 years ago? Yuck ! So be aware of the dates if you are posting content from out there on the Web.
Please feel free to share or like this post if you found it useful !