If you just started blogging and are looking for ways to increase your audience here are a few tips to get you started !
1. Promote your blog post on your other social media sites – make sure when you post to your blog the post goes out to your Twitter, Tumblr, LinkedIn and Facebook sites. WordPress has a built in feature called Publicize that you access through your WordPress Dashboard, click the Settings menu then click on Sharing. This is where you can link all your sites to your blog.
2. Make sure you Pin your content on a blog board in your Pinterest account. This gives others chance to come across your content from a different source and possibly re-pin your content on their Pinterest site.
3. Engage in the blogging community around you. Spend time reading other similar blogs, pay attention to what is the most popular or most commented posts on other blogs. Use a bookmarking site for blogs you want to follow.
4. Invite people to comment on your posts. Blogging is about conversations so the more conversations you have around your posts, your audience will grow.
5. Have a Call-To-Action in your post. Motivate your audience to do something. This could mean asking visitors to share your post or Facebook Like your post. Maybe you want to run a contest on your blog to name the photo you just posted. Be sure to have a good giveaway if you do run a contest. Folks love to win stuff!
6. Know what viewers are searching for. Use trending topics on Twitter (for free) to see what is popular in your line of business. You can also use BuzzSumo and Co-Promote which both give lots of great information regarding the post topic and what content is the most popular.
7. Include Keywords in your title and throughout your blog post. Search Engines are looking for titles that relate well to the body of content attached to a post. If you get a search engine like Google to index your content, this means you will come up higher ranking in viewer searches improving your chances of being clicked on ! Use a Keyword Generator, services like Wordstream can help you plan your Keyword searches.
Keep blogging on !
Please feel free to Share or Like this post if you found it useful !