Do you want to get more social shares out of your blog ? Here are a few tips to increase your blog’s social sharing.
1. Make sure you add social sharing buttons to your posts. This makes it easy for visitors to share your post. Facebook and Twitter are the most recognizable, but don’t forget about Tumblr, Pocket, Digg, G+ share, Linked In and Pinterest especially if you have a visual post or info graphic, Pinterest & Tumblr are good share sites.
2. Be sure you add email to your post so visitors can easily email your post to friends.
3. Link a influencer or blogg resource to your post. This will increase your credibility in social networks and may also get you a social share with the influencers network.
4. If you have fairly steady traffic you can lock up your post and require visitors to share it before they can read the entire article. If you use this option, you can also allow readers to view post if they like it or tweet first.
5. Don’t forget to add tags to your post but don’t add too many. Up to about 10 is fine, more than that can slow load time in searches.
6. Get the short link for your post so it is easy for visitors to copy and share.
7. Give other bloggers the option to reblog your post. When they reblog make sure they can also leave a comment.
8. Include a ‘Like’ social share with your post. This is fast and simple for visitors who may not take time to comment on your post but want to let you know they enjoyed what you had to say.
If you are using WordPress, the options to add share buttons are in the Dashboard under Settings, then Sharing. This is where you can link your social media accounts to your website or blog. Link your Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr and any other social media platforms you wish to publicize your posts on.
Have you applied a new strategy which has given your post more social sharing lately?
Please share what worked for your posts !! For more great information visit the Social Media Examiner at http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com