Writing that post that goes viral is not as easy to do as one may think. There are many factors for SEO and catchy content which help the shares of a post go up. Here are few ideas to help write a better blog post.
Your Headline is the first thing people see. The first 55 characters are the most important for SEO. The first 3 words are often the deciding point for the reader if they are going to continue reading on so make those count. Making the heading in a question form helps with search results. Numbers are also a eye grabbing element for readers. The old “How to” can be a good way to get searchable results. A good headline includes a keyword and a promise to the reader.
- A tip from Buffer is to include a visual on the right hand side of your post. This will shorten the first few lines of your post which leads to fewer characters per line. The fewer characters make the text easier to comprehend. Also making the first line font larger can also give you fewer characters per line if you don’t have a visual to use.
- People like to scan posts, so use subheadings and bullet points so it’s quick to view. The longer your post is the more likely it is to be shared. A goal of 1,500 words is recommended by Quick Sprout.
- Derek Halpern says people love to share quotes on social media. He calls these “tweetables” because of the retweetabiity on Twitter. Encourage readers to retweet or share by putting a “Tweet This” or “Share This” link next to your text.
- Always have social share buttons to make it easy for your readers to share on social media.
- Adding searchable links to a post will help SEO. Explain what the readers will get when they click on your link.
- Last but not least, Blog posts get shared more on weekends. There is less traffic so post stand out more. For weekdays, TrackMaven found that between 12pm to 4pm the most weekday sharing is going on.
For more amazing tips on blog posting, check out Buffer’s blog at http://www.blog.bufferapp.com
Any Tips to Add ?