Everyone wants SEO optimization of course but how do you get your blog to be noticed by Google’s little spiders ? Google isn’t the only search engine out there to optimize for but it is the most used. There are a few things to know about SEO and Google.
– When someone starts a search, they type in a few key words. Google then checks its index and displays the first 10 sites with that topic.
– Google is constantly changing its algorithms so you can’t figure out how the spiders decide what to index but there are a few things that can help you with your SEO optimization with Google.
– Spiders like to crawl so make sure your site doesn’t have any broken links which will make it more difficult to index. Check your links on a regular basis to make sure your links are working correctly. Things happen and links that may have worked at one time could need an update.
– Your site title should have Keywords in it that relate to what you are trying to do. A Keyword is a word that could make a match in the Google Search Engine database and make your chances to come up higher in a search greater.
– Spelling and grammar need to be correct and free of typos. Before you publish, check, re-check and then check again before you hit that button. It may take a little more time but it could help your SEO if you correct an error before it hits the internet.
– Google looks for pages that are helpful and interesting. They do this by recording how long a visitor stays on your page and how many pages of the site they actually visit and if they share your content on other social networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook.
– Be specific when writing your post. The more you can narrow down what you are trying to write about the easier it will be to optimize. For example, if you are selling baby clothes and you want your website to come up in a Google search, that is a very broad search term and your chances of coming up in the search will be next to impossible unless you are a known name brand. Try narrowing it down from ‘baby clothes’ to ‘the Designer name, size 7 pink dresses. This will help you come up higher in searches using Keywords.
Mastering SEO is a way you can help your business site attract more of the customer base you need in order to succeed! Don’t forget your Google analytics. Check out your stats to see what is working for you. It’s free, all you need to do is activate a Google account to get your Google stats.
Feel free to ‘Like’ this post or share it on Twitter if you found it useful!
Storify – This is a free app which lets you tell your story using multiple media sources. It will amplify your voice in an interactive dynamic way. You can sign up for free using one of your social media accounts such as Twitter or Facebook. Storify can also post for you on Facebook.
You can search media collected by Storify. The results are based on the resonance each media item has on their platform. The home page of Storify features the best stories made up from link, videos and updates. You can use any element in a story for your own.
At the top of their home page you can search for media collected on Storify. The Storify editor will help you search social media networks to find media elements for your story. You can search Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Flickr and YouTube.
To start a story you will be asked to enter a story title. Next, a brief description of what your story is about and then you can start your story. You can drag and drop photos or videos to help illustrate your story. You can always add to your story, edit it and save it.
The beauty of Storify besides having access to media, is you can place text and elements anywhere in your story to give a more visual dynamic to your post.
Storify stories can be embedded on the Web by pasting the embed code. Another great feature about Storify is that when you use quotes in your story, Storify will notify all the people in your story helping it to spread out and go viral. You become part of a larger link based and therefore have a better chance of being shared on social networks.
So check out this Free App – Storify – and start your own story today ! Let us know how you used Storify and what you think about this App !! Happy Story Telling !
Buzzsumo is an awesome social media tool to find influencers and see what social media content is being shared. You can do amazing things on Buzzsumo. You can sign up for FREE. Let me tell you about my experience on Buzzsumo and some of the things you can expect to find when you use this amazing app ! This is fantastic for tracking data for your customers. You can see who shared popular content, identify links shared by influencers, identify most shared content for a domain. If you have a client who wants to know what type of content people are wanting to read about a particular industry you can go to the “Top Content” section and type in the search box the type of industry you want to search content for and filter by date, period or type of article.
You can export your search data to excel. Buzzsumo also allows you to search specific types of content such as info graphics, guest blogs and interviews. A typical search to use “Top Content” for example will first show you the article title then it will have a view sharers button and share button. Next it will tell you the amount of Google+ shares, Facebooks Likes, Linkedin Shares, Twitter Shares and the total shares.
Like “Top Content” the Buzzsumo, their “Influencers” search will show you top influencers for a topic you enter. First you will see their Gravatar and name. Under their name you will see what they are being catagorized for like a blogger, influencer, journalist and the list can go on. Next you have a column that has buttons for which you can add them to your list, follow them on social media or viewed shared links. I think this is the most unique and valuable feature of Buzzsumo. What a way to create and work with your influencer list ! Next you see a short description of who they are. Following that you have counters which will show you their Page Authority, Page Rank, Followers, retweet ratios and reply ratios so you can see how responsive your influencer may be to you.
You can take a quick tour of what Buzzsumo does. I found it easy to use, you can resort searches to fit your needs and it’s awesome you can save you search results.
Let us know what you think. I have no professional affiliation with Buzzsumo, just think it’s an awesome social media metrics tool. Visit http://www.buzzsumo.com for more information. Happy Social Media Searching !
Meta tag – What is it and what should you know about it ? A meta tag is a coding statement using HTML. HTML stands for HyperText Markup Language. The word Meta from the Greek can mean after, along with, among, beyond or behind. The meta tag describes an aspect of the contents in a particular Web page. Search engines like Yahoo use the meta tag to index pages so people searching for that information are able to find it. The meta tag is positioned next to the top of the HTML in a Web page and is part of the heading. There are different types of meta tags. The most important ones to know about are KEYWORDS and DESCRIPTION meta tags. KEYWORDS meta tag is a list of phrases or words the describe contents on a Web page. DESCRIPTION meta tag uses sentences for description on what is on a Web page. You can view your page’s meta tags by right clicking anywhere on the page and click”view page source” or “view source”. While some search engines, like Google have devalued meta keyword tags, alternative engines still give them heavy weight. So remember, META TAGS are important, they determine how Search Engines index your Web pages. For more information on Meta Tags check out WordStream at http://www.wordstream.com/meta-tags . Happy Blogging !
Blog Content – Some days we all need a little help getting our minds to the task. These 2 useful tools can help with that. The first tool is from Hubspot. They have a free Topic Generator tool which will give you topic post ideas based on your input. User inputs 3 words into their Topic Generator boxes and this tool will generate 5 different titles to develop content for and it’s FREE. The next easy to use tool is Diigo. This FREE tool will manage and streamline your online information. Diigo stands for Digest of Internet Information, Groups and Other stuff. Diigo will save bookmarks, highlights, notes, screenshots, pictures and can be used with PC & Mac, Android, iPhone and iPads. Diigo can be used to share, organize information, save links, achieve webpages that are fully searchable.
So try out these Free tools and let us know if they are useful to you, how easy were they to use and did you like them and did you like this post !!
On a side note, it was asked about the photos sometimes included on the social media tip posts and the photos are my way to add some color and personality with my photography hobby from everyday images in my little corner of the world! Happy Creating !