Today is Veterans Day, November 11th, 2014. Thank you seems like such a small thing to say to all of our Veterans for their service and bravery so we can live free. I marvel at how everyday brave men and women board ships and planes to anywhere in this world to protect our country. I think today we can do more and have our voices heard through social media. So spread the word this day on your Twitter, Facebook and any social media site you use to encourage all of us to attend local ceremonies honoring Veterans. Show support for the ones who have served. Employers hire Veterans – their leadership skills, decision-making and many other valuable skills they have acquired from being in the armed services make them valuable employees.
Have you been trying to use Pinterest and wish to gain more followers or have more of your pins shared? There are many ways to improve your Pinterest visibility on the social media horizon.
Here are a few Pinterest tips to consider –
1. If you regularly post on a blog or website, create a board in your Pinterest account to pin all your blog posts on. Make sure to give the post a clear description or summary about the post in the pin description box.
2. Use relevant Keywords when naming your boards so searchers can easily find your products.
3. Make the cover of the board an eye catching visual to attract visitors to investigate your board.
4. Create secret boards first to make sure they are ready for the spotlight, then change the board type so all can see.
5. Put your most important boards first, first impressions are important.
6. Make sure to have Pin buttons on your blog with any posts so your material is able to be posted by viewers.
7. Embed your website name in a pin so a viewer can click through to your site via the pin.
8. Make sure to set up a business Pinterest account so you can take advantage of Pinterest Analytic tool for free. Pinterest Analytics will tell you what your most popular pins and boards are.
9. Don’t forget to check out your competition. Pinterest is a valuable resource to see what your competition is up to.
10. Use Pinterest to find other businesses or professionals to network with.
11. When holidays are coming near, consider making a holiday board because pinners will be looking for those types of pins – for example – Halloween DIY board ? Once they find your Pinterest board they may stop and look at your other boards.
Happy Pinning !
Please feel free to share or like this post if you found it useful.
Would you like to share your Tweets on your website or blog?
Adding your Twitter feed to your blog or website can display more content from you. If you are active on Twitter, this can also add to your site’s dynamics making it feel current to followers and you may even gain Twitter followers and engagement.
If you are trying to add your Twitter feed to your blog and can’t figure it out, this post is for you. This post will help you do this on a WordPress.com site.
Let’s Begin -
The first thing you need to do is create your Twitter Timeline widget within your own Twitter account. This will generate a widget ID code that WordPress needs in order to enable the Twitter widget on your site.
So let’s go to your Twitter account and follow these steps -
1. Click on your profile photo in the upper right hand corner.
2. This brings up the Account menu on the left side of your screen. Click on the Widget menu located near bottom of the account menu.
3. Click Create New.
This will bring you to the widget menu with options to auto expand photos(this option will display pictures you link to in tweets) and exclude replies(this option will not display a tweet if it is just a reply to someone’s tweet). These are automatically checked off. Uncheck the boxes if you wish to change these settings.
Choose the Height – this will determine how many tweets will be displayed at one time. Think of how you wish the feed to look like on your site.
Choose the Theme color – light or dark which means your Twitter feed on your site will either have a white background or black background. Choose the color which will make more sense to blend on your site.
Click ‘Create Widget‘
If you wish to change the background or other settings, you can always go back to this menu and change the options.
Twitter will now display an address to copy. The most important part of this address is the numeric code which appears within the address. Your WordPress widget needs that code. Copy the code and return to your WordPress site.
Now Go To your WordPress – Dashboard – Appearance – Widgets
In the widget menu, choose the Twitter widget box from the settings. Copy the Twitter widget code into the Widget ID (?) box.
Click SAVE to complete the process. Now go to your site and check out your Twitter feed. If you wish to make appearance changes, go back to your Twitter widget menu in your Twitter account to make any changes.
Now you have your Twitter Timeline feed on your site and you may want to add your Facebook like box to your WordPress site . . . that will be my next post ! Right now I have to get outside and enjoy this beautiful Autumn day !
If you found this post useful, please feel free to share or like it !
Pinterest is a free social media platform that you can use to promote your product or brand. Once you start pinning, it’s hard to stop !
Pinterest can give your business exposure on a social media platform that is visual. Create boards that are useful as well as interesting. The goal of using Pinterest for your business is to engage others with your pins. Hopefully they will re-pin your pin which will circulate your business to a whole new audience.
Here are a few tips to using Pinterest successfully:
1. Make sure you have the Pin button on your blog and website so people can pin your stuff.
2. Use this free tool Canva to create interesting pins. There are several free graphic design tools but I find Canva easy to use and quick to learn.
3. Name your pins using Keywords that searches will pick up. Don’t use words that have no relationship to a pin. For example, if your pin is a surfboard, do call it surfboard but don’t call it product #5.
4. Pin on group boards. They usually have tons of followers and if you pin on them, that gives someone a chance to share your pin with others.
5. Make sure the images you use are the right size for Pinterest. There are different sizes for different areas, for example your profile picture should be 165px x 165pixels. Visual.ly has an awesome chart you can view here to see all the sizes . VISUAL.LY PINTEREST CHEAT SHEET IMAGE SIZES
6. If you are using pictures in a blog post for your brand, put the picture first to draw and engage your audience, then have your text follow. This will make it more attractive for others to pin.
7. Invest time in your followers. Remember, this is social media, so be social. If you have a new follower, check out their pin boards to see if they have pins and like or re-pin some of their pin. Don’t go crazy and re-pin someone’s whole Pinterest account. Pinterest frowns upon that and may shut you off for excessive pinning.
8. Share your pins with other social media platforms such as your Facebook and Twitter account. To do this, first link your Facebook and Twitter accounts in the Profile section on Pinterest. After you do this, when you create a new pin, it will have the option to send it to Facebook and Twitter, just check the box next to the platform name.
9. Add a Pinterest widget to your website or blog by clicking on the gear box in the profile section and click on Add a Widget.
10. Don’t forget about the Analytics ! Learn what people are pinning from your site. In order to use this feature you must have a website address to enter in your profile which Pinterest will then verify and you should be good to go!
Your boards do not need to have thousands of pins on them for people to want to follow. I find after about 200 pins I get bored and need to go onto to the next thing so don’t waste your time adding thousand of pins to one board. You are better cutting off at a certain number of pins and start a new board. That will give your pins a better chance at being viewed. That’s what I do now.
These are just a few tips to get help with Pinterest. Once you develop several boards you will see your Pinterest Platform start to take shape.
Remember, Pinterest is a visual platform so make your pins colorful, of good quality and of a useful nature so visitors will engage with you on Pinterest.
Happy Pinning !