Google is the most widely used Search Engine in web searches. So knowing a little more about Google can’t hurt, right? Did you know Google uses over 200 factors to index pages and content ? I’m not sure what all the 200 factors are but some important ones to be aware of when thinking about SEO for your business website are:
1. the site quality 2. the freshness of the content 3. is the site safe to search
Here are 10 random Google things you might want to investigate further if they suit what you are trying to do with Google:
1. Google indexes content by following links from one page to another page, then sorts by their content by the “200 other factors”. That’s why it’s important to have good links.
2. Did you know you can unsend emails with Google? Goto your Google account and under the gear, select Settings, then select Labs, scroll down to UndoSend and select ‘Enable’. Now every time you send an email, Google will give you the option in a TEN SECOND window to undo the sent link. But remember, it’s TEN seconds, so think fast.
3. Did you know you can see all of a documents revisions at once by using Google drive? Goto your drive.google.com account, click Create, select Document and click on File, then select Revision History to see all the revisions made to your document. Click on a time stamp to restore a particular version of the document.
4. You can collaborate and edit a project with others at the same time using drive.google.com. Goto your account and click Create. Select Presentation, Share and Invite People. Add your team members email addresses in the Invite People Box and click Share & Save and multiple people can work on the project at the same time!
5. Do you want to see what pages Google has indexed under your website ? Go to the Google web browser and type in
:< your site name> and Google will display what it has indexed. Nice tip from Ian Cleary at Razor social !
6. Always add descriptive Meta Tags to your pages so Google can use your site description if your text matches users searches.
7. Make sure your page titles are short and informative. Google only uses up to a certain number of characters so your title will get cut off if it is too long.
8. When adding Meta Tags remember Google might use snippets from your Meta Tags. A snippet is text displayed beneath the title of corresponding web page in the search result pages of a search engine.
9. Improve the search engine’s accessibility to your site by avoiding complex navigation of links by linking every page to every other page on the site. Also avoid page navigation which solely uses drop down menus, images or animation.
10. Use Google AdWords’s Keyword Tool to help you use variations of keywords for compelling content.
You may know every one of these things about Google already but if you didn’t and if you have a Google snippet, please do share ! Feel free to share or like this post if you found it useful !
SEO or Search Engine Optimization is what you need in order to make your Posts stand out to search engines like Google. Almost 70% of all searches are done through Google advises social media site Razor Social. You need to optimize your content so that the Search Engine spiders can find your blog on this vast internet.
One of the most important SEO practice is to make sure your content is linkable. If it is the best advice or most complete information out there on a particular topic, if it’s not linkable, it’s sinkable. Search Engines will not rank the content if it is cannot be linked and your site will not get the traffic it could be getting. If possible, try to link your content back to your category page and your homepage.
Make sure all your content can be shared ! Have all the social share buttons you can add, like Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr, Flickr, Google + to name a few must haves.
For good SEO have a URL that reflects the content in the title. If you are selling a product, and post helpful content using that product have some name recognition in the title. For example, your store sells Fly fishing equipment, a good URL might be http://www.myfishstore.com/flyfishing/The-best-spots-to-fly-fish/(NOTE – Fake URL). Try not to use a bunch of numbers or abrivated words in your title. The more the reader can understand, the better your chance your post will be viewed.
Do you always Tag your posts ? This is another important ways to make your content stand out. Using the previous example, you may want to Tag that post with Fly fishing, outdoor sports, fishing, fresh water fishing, water sports, sport fishing. Make sure your terms are broad enough so when a search is done, you will come up in the search parameters. If your product is so unique and rare then you can narrow the search Tags. Tags are usually an option near the end of your post before you publish and will be viewable to the public at the end of your post.
Try not to load up your page with too many images. If you do have images, make sure they are in a form that is most optimal for the platform you are using. If your site or post takes too long to load, viewers will loose interest fast and go onto another site for their information.
Use Keywords in your post title and through out your post but do not litter it with Keywords. This will turn the search engines off and most likely you will loose content ranking for the post.
Finally for this Tip of the Day, is your content useful? Does it fill a need ? Is it a subject people are interested in? The best content solves problems or helps the consumer in some way.
Not to change the subject, but I can’t believe the World Cup is over until another 4 years ! Congrats to Germany and to all the teams ! It was an exciting couple of weeks watching all these countries compete.
Remember your SEO when you write to successfully have your material shared on Social Media !
Let me guess, you have heard of Facebook and Twitter and maybe even Pinterest. Which social media platforms are you going to get the most out of for your particular business and are you using these platforms in the right way ?
Most social media platforms you have heard of are free but you need to invest your time into them to get results. In order to be succeed with social media, you must be organized, have a clear focus on what you want to say and respond to your community. Here are 10 top tips to get you started.
1. List all your social media accounts and develop a posting calendar so all accounts are kept up to date with no large gaps in time between posting to any of your accounts.
2. When sharing content, make it useful so visitors will want to share with others. Make sure you have social share buttons on all websites and blogs so the content can be easily shared.
3. Respond to all feedback, both positive and negative. Be respectful and if the feedback is negative, this could be a potential moment to learn or gain a new customer by engaging with them.
4. Follow what your industry influencers are sharing and comment on their blogs or pages.
5. Try different social media platforms besides the big 3. Tumblr,Vine and Instagram have gained popularity and the sharing influence of these tools could have enormous potential for your products.
6. Follow back your followers, share or retweet their content which is relevant to what your focus is.
7. Be transparent by showing who you are. Feature team members, showcase a product and a story on how you make that product.
8. Keep your message simple and build trust with followers by being consistent in the message you want to deliver.
9. Remember to use Keywords for SEO. Put a Keyword in your title and remember to check any links in your posts. Broken links make it harder for a search engine to index you.
10. Social Media is not for the hard sell. Leave that job to your sales people. Social Media is way for your business to be part of a community in a useful way by being social and sharing knowledge.
Everyone wants SEO optimization of course but how do you get your blog to be noticed by Google’s little spiders ? Google isn’t the only search engine out there to optimize for but it is the most used. There are a few things to know about SEO and Google.
– When someone starts a search, they type in a few key words. Google then checks its index and displays the first 10 sites with that topic.
– Google is constantly changing its algorithms so you can’t figure out how the spiders decide what to index but there are a few things that can help you with your SEO optimization with Google.
– Spiders like to crawl so make sure your site doesn’t have any broken links which will make it more difficult to index. Check your links on a regular basis to make sure your links are working correctly. Things happen and links that may have worked at one time could need an update.
– Your site title should have Keywords in it that relate to what you are trying to do. A Keyword is a word that could make a match in the Google Search Engine database and make your chances to come up higher in a search greater.
– Spelling and grammar need to be correct and free of typos. Before you publish, check, re-check and then check again before you hit that button. It may take a little more time but it could help your SEO if you correct an error before it hits the internet.
– Google looks for pages that are helpful and interesting. They do this by recording how long a visitor stays on your page and how many pages of the site they actually visit and if they share your content on other social networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook.
– Be specific when writing your post. The more you can narrow down what you are trying to write about the easier it will be to optimize. For example, if you are selling baby clothes and you want your website to come up in a Google search, that is a very broad search term and your chances of coming up in the search will be next to impossible unless you are a known name brand. Try narrowing it down from ‘baby clothes’ to ‘the Designer name, size 7 pink dresses. This will help you come up higher in searches using Keywords.
Mastering SEO is a way you can help your business site attract more of the customer base you need in order to succeed! Don’t forget your Google analytics. Check out your stats to see what is working for you. It’s free, all you need to do is activate a Google account to get your Google stats.
Feel free to ‘Like’ this post or share it on Twitter if you found it useful!
Writing that post that goes viral is not as easy to do as one may think. There are many factors for SEO and catchy content which help the shares of a post go up. Here are few ideas to help write a better blog post.
Your Headline is the first thing people see. The first 55 characters are the most important for SEO. The first 3 words are often the deciding point for the reader if they are going to continue reading on so make those count. Making the heading in a question form helps with search results. Numbers are also a eye grabbing element for readers. The old “How to” can be a good way to get searchable results. A good headline includes a keyword and a promise to the reader.
Pinterest is fun and fascinating and a FREE valuable social media tool for your business. Use Pinterest to show the human side of you and your business. You can promote your special products and services along with sharing information to others. Be careful, don’t shamelessly promote you and not get the side of social media people love, which is free sharing of ideas and information. There are techniques that you can use to get the most out of Pinterest. We will share a few today.
1. Use a Keyword in the beginning of the Pin description – Pins that have the keyword early in description show up on top
2. Put a Hashtag in your Pin description – but do not put # in your board titles and account information
3. Repins matter – the number of repins you get can bring your Pin to the top
4. Make it easy for Pinterest to find you – take your file name directly from your website to help search results
5. Use exact word words for key matching words – if someone is searching for ceiling fans, use the exact words so people can find your Pin.
For other great Pinterest advice check out Vincent Ng at http://www.mcngmarketing.com/4-pinterest-tips-to-make-your-pins-more-searchable-on-pinterest/#.u44ORV4hvs4
If you Blog or have a website you need to know about SEO. SEO is Search Engine Optimization which is a process of optimizing your pages so they appear in web searches. There are many SEO terms to know so we will just start with 10. First, you need to know that SEO is one of the two sections of SEM which stands for Search Engine Marketing. SEM is marketing products and services through search engines. SEO and PPC are the two sections of SEM. PPC stands for Pay Per Click which is purchasing clicks from search engines from sponsored listings. Now that you understand that, here are 10 terms to know –
1. Web Crawler – is a spider that goes out into the internet to browse for Search Engines and hopefully comes up with new web pages and links for the Search Engine to index.
2. Cloaking – this is the process of showing different content to search engines and people all from the same web page. The reason for doing this is to get the page ranked for certain keywords and then use incoming traffic to promote unrelated services or products. This is considered ‘spamming’. Not a good thing to be doing.
3. Backlink – is a hyperlink on another website directing back to your website. This has influence on search rankings and it important for your SEO.
4. Page Rank – this is what Google uses to gage the importance of a page. This algorithm measures the link from one page to another and the more links you have gives the page more value deeming it trustworthy and therefore important.
5. Linkbait – this is when content on websites or blogs try to attract as many backlinks so it can to improve it’s own search ranking.
6. Title Tag – This is your websites title which is extremely important to Google’s search algorithm. You should have keywords in it. You can see any web page title tag at the top of your browser.
7. Meta Tags – These are within the HTML code and tell search engines more detail than the title tag about your page content.
8. SERP – stands for Search Engine Results Page and this the page Google shows you when you are doing any search. This is important to your ranking in the SERPs and will determine the amount of traffic your site will receive.
9. Keywords – these are words that search engines use to index and rank content from the tiny little spiders or bots that are out there doing the heavy work.
10. Anchor Text – is text of backlinks that are clickable on your web page. Keyword Anchor Text will help your SEO because it helps Google make the connection of keywords from your content and associate it with your website.
There are many more important terms when it comes to SEO but knowing a few basic ones helps get you started in the right direction.
Was this post helpful ? Please feel free to comment.
Happy SEOing !
Do you consider ranking when posting to a blog? Content creation that gets noticed by search engine’s spiders is key to success of ranking. When writing a blog post think about the target audience using key words for that audience. The search engine spiders also look for key words or phrases. Exact matches with key words for the question people are searching for will appear in search engines even if it is from a blog and not a website. Consider your in-bound and out-bound link activity. When a link is shared in social media, such as Google+, the content can be indexed by the search engine faster. Keep your social media accounts active and have quality content that is hopefully shared on a regular basis is key for SEO. Monitor ranking numbers and know what Key Words are working for your site. Search engines also look at your past history, your social media platforms and the sites you have visited. Make sure to include relevant links to sources you have used to create your content. Keep in mind your target audience when creating content. Try to be engaging using visual language that will either help solve a problem, answer questions or provides some value to your target audience. This will increase the chances of your link being shared and will boost your SEO. Happy SEO and it’s finally Friday !! Check out http://www.infinistaconcepts.com/writing-seo for more on the subject.
Blog Post – How many words should you use ? High ranking pages are generally longer and attract more links. Google sees the longer pages as more likely contain answers to search questions. MOZ recently analyzed 3,800 of their own blog posts and found that longer posts got linked more often creating a higher ranking. The ideal length for a search optimized blog post is 1,500 words. Using too many words can lead to the reader becoming bored and they will go onto the next post that hold their interest. Happy Blogging !