SEO or Search Engine Optimization is what you need in order to make your Posts stand out to search engines like Google. Almost 70% of all searches are done through Google advises social media site Razor Social. You need to optimize your content so that the Search Engine spiders can find your blog on this vast internet.
One of the most important SEO practice is to make sure your content is linkable. If it is the best advice or most complete information out there on a particular topic, if it’s not linkable, it’s sinkable. Search Engines will not rank the content if it is cannot be linked and your site will not get the traffic it could be getting. If possible, try to link your content back to your category page and your homepage.
Make sure all your content can be shared ! Have all the social share buttons you can add, like Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr, Flickr, Google + to name a few must haves.
For good SEO have a URL that reflects the content in the title. If you are selling a product, and post helpful content using that product have some name recognition in the title. For example, your store sells Fly fishing equipment, a good URL might be http://www.myfishstore.com/flyfishing/The-best-spots-to-fly-fish/(NOTE – Fake URL). Try not to use a bunch of numbers or abrivated words in your title. The more the reader can understand, the better your chance your post will be viewed.
Do you always Tag your posts ? This is another important ways to make your content stand out. Using the previous example, you may want to Tag that post with Fly fishing, outdoor sports, fishing, fresh water fishing, water sports, sport fishing. Make sure your terms are broad enough so when a search is done, you will come up in the search parameters. If your product is so unique and rare then you can narrow the search Tags. Tags are usually an option near the end of your post before you publish and will be viewable to the public at the end of your post.
Try not to load up your page with too many images. If you do have images, make sure they are in a form that is most optimal for the platform you are using. If your site or post takes too long to load, viewers will loose interest fast and go onto another site for their information.
Use Keywords in your post title and through out your post but do not litter it with Keywords. This will turn the search engines off and most likely you will loose content ranking for the post.
Finally for this Tip of the Day, is your content useful? Does it fill a need ? Is it a subject people are interested in? The best content solves problems or helps the consumer in some way.
Not to change the subject, but I can’t believe the World Cup is over until another 4 years ! Congrats to Germany and to all the teams ! It was an exciting couple of weeks watching all these countries compete.
Remember your SEO when you write to successfully have your material shared on Social Media !
Everyone wants SEO optimization of course but how do you get your blog to be noticed by Google’s little spiders ? Google isn’t the only search engine out there to optimize for but it is the most used. There are a few things to know about SEO and Google.
– When someone starts a search, they type in a few key words. Google then checks its index and displays the first 10 sites with that topic.
– Google is constantly changing its algorithms so you can’t figure out how the spiders decide what to index but there are a few things that can help you with your SEO optimization with Google.
– Spiders like to crawl so make sure your site doesn’t have any broken links which will make it more difficult to index. Check your links on a regular basis to make sure your links are working correctly. Things happen and links that may have worked at one time could need an update.
– Your site title should have Keywords in it that relate to what you are trying to do. A Keyword is a word that could make a match in the Google Search Engine database and make your chances to come up higher in a search greater.
– Spelling and grammar need to be correct and free of typos. Before you publish, check, re-check and then check again before you hit that button. It may take a little more time but it could help your SEO if you correct an error before it hits the internet.
– Google looks for pages that are helpful and interesting. They do this by recording how long a visitor stays on your page and how many pages of the site they actually visit and if they share your content on other social networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook.
– Be specific when writing your post. The more you can narrow down what you are trying to write about the easier it will be to optimize. For example, if you are selling baby clothes and you want your website to come up in a Google search, that is a very broad search term and your chances of coming up in the search will be next to impossible unless you are a known name brand. Try narrowing it down from ‘baby clothes’ to ‘the Designer name, size 7 pink dresses. This will help you come up higher in searches using Keywords.
Mastering SEO is a way you can help your business site attract more of the customer base you need in order to succeed! Don’t forget your Google analytics. Check out your stats to see what is working for you. It’s free, all you need to do is activate a Google account to get your Google stats.
Feel free to ‘Like’ this post or share it on Twitter if you found it useful!
I can’t tell you how many times a day someone will say “Just start a blog”. Sure, it’s that easy. That would be nice if it was true. Having a blog is a constant growing thing that must be tended to like your garden. You can’t just let things go and have the weeds take over. There are many things you can do to grow your blog and keep your blog traffic increasing as you go along. Engaging content is always what you strive for.
It’s great to be able to write fantastic posts every time but in case you don’t, here are just a few tips to consider –
1. Ask a question in your post. Try to have a call to action for people to respond to.
2. Link an article to another blog and leave your comments on that blog. Always check the link to make sure it works.
3. Blog about important information that will be helpful to readers or new news in your business area people might want to know about.
4. Include keywords that search engines will pick up and use trending topics to reference in your posts.
5. Try to aim for one longer article each week. It takes about 1500 characters for SEO optimization. So take some time to develop one awesome post a week.
6. Make sure your post gets promoted to your Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr and any other social media platform you use. Always check on it to make sure it actually went through. Let your network know about the post to help co-promote it.
7. Networking – spend a set amount of time each day networking. This means read other blogs, comment on them, share the blogs you like with your Facebook. Tweet out good posts on your twitter. You can look up bloggers you like and connect with them on Twitter or Facebook. They will appreciate you did that and you may gain a follower for social media accounts that you have.
8. Check your stats out. See what has worked for you in the past and what hasn’t. You can’t know what is really working without keeping an eye on your stats.
9. Be true to yourself and write only about things you believe in and like. Don’t force yourself to write a blog about hair and makeup because you think you will make easy money. You need to be interested in what you are blogging about.
10. Show a personal side to your blog. Don’t have it be all about business. That’s for your website to do. The blog is where you can show the personality behind the business and help people as it may pertain to what you do professionally.
Tend to your blog like a garden, some days you must weed, some days you must feed it but above all else, enjoy it !