Now that you have your Twitter feed up and running on your WordPress blog, adding a Facebook Like box to your site will help you with promotion of your products and services. This post will go through the steps to add the Facebook Like box for WordPress.com sites. If you have a WordPress.org site, you will need to have a Jetpack plug in to proceed.
It’s easy to add the Like box once you have created a Facebook Page on your Facebook account. Go to your Facebook account to create a Page for your business. A Facebook Page is an additional page added to a profile in which anyone can visit it and read the content.
To create your Page, log into your Facebook account, click on Pages from the menu under your profile picture. This will ask you to choose the type of Page you wish to create. Facebook will ask you to fill in a description and add a link to your WordPress site. Upload your Page profile picture and you are good to go. One thing to keep in mind is Facebook pictures are square shaped and if you are trying to use your WordPress header photo, it’s not square, so this may not be the photo to use.
Be sure to click SAVE before you go back to your WordPress site. Now you are ready to add the Like box.
Here we go – First go to your WordPress site Dashboard
1. go to the Appearance menu – then to Widgets.
2. Drag the Facebook Like box into a Widget box.
3. Type in your Facebook Page web address. (*Make sure it’s your PAGE address).
4. Make any changes to the box now, such as size, color.
5. Click Save.
Now visit your site and see your Facebook Like box. You can always go back to the Widget menu to make adjustments to the Like box.
Please feel free to share or like this post if you found it useful !
Pinterest is a free social media platform that you can use to promote your product or brand. Once you start pinning, it’s hard to stop !
Pinterest can give your business exposure on a social media platform that is visual. Create boards that are useful as well as interesting. The goal of using Pinterest for your business is to engage others with your pins. Hopefully they will re-pin your pin which will circulate your business to a whole new audience.
Here are a few tips to using Pinterest successfully:
1. Make sure you have the Pin button on your blog and website so people can pin your stuff.
2. Use this free tool Canva to create interesting pins. There are several free graphic design tools but I find Canva easy to use and quick to learn.
3. Name your pins using Keywords that searches will pick up. Don’t use words that have no relationship to a pin. For example, if your pin is a surfboard, do call it surfboard but don’t call it product #5.
4. Pin on group boards. They usually have tons of followers and if you pin on them, that gives someone a chance to share your pin with others.
5. Make sure the images you use are the right size for Pinterest. There are different sizes for different areas, for example your profile picture should be 165px x 165pixels. Visual.ly has an awesome chart you can view here to see all the sizes . VISUAL.LY PINTEREST CHEAT SHEET IMAGE SIZES
6. If you are using pictures in a blog post for your brand, put the picture first to draw and engage your audience, then have your text follow. This will make it more attractive for others to pin.
7. Invest time in your followers. Remember, this is social media, so be social. If you have a new follower, check out their pin boards to see if they have pins and like or re-pin some of their pin. Don’t go crazy and re-pin someone’s whole Pinterest account. Pinterest frowns upon that and may shut you off for excessive pinning.
8. Share your pins with other social media platforms such as your Facebook and Twitter account. To do this, first link your Facebook and Twitter accounts in the Profile section on Pinterest. After you do this, when you create a new pin, it will have the option to send it to Facebook and Twitter, just check the box next to the platform name.
9. Add a Pinterest widget to your website or blog by clicking on the gear box in the profile section and click on Add a Widget.
10. Don’t forget about the Analytics ! Learn what people are pinning from your site. In order to use this feature you must have a website address to enter in your profile which Pinterest will then verify and you should be good to go!
Your boards do not need to have thousands of pins on them for people to want to follow. I find after about 200 pins I get bored and need to go onto to the next thing so don’t waste your time adding thousand of pins to one board. You are better cutting off at a certain number of pins and start a new board. That will give your pins a better chance at being viewed. That’s what I do now.
These are just a few tips to get help with Pinterest. Once you develop several boards you will see your Pinterest Platform start to take shape.
Remember, Pinterest is a visual platform so make your pins colorful, of good quality and of a useful nature so visitors will engage with you on Pinterest.
Happy Pinning !
Social media is all about engaging your customer and sharing useful content. Managing your social media can get out of hand real fast if you don’t have a staff to help you or you are not using the free social media tools that are available.
What tools are useful to know about?
Here are 6 tools for you to investigate.
1. Google Keyword Tool – this tool is free from Google. It allows you to find keywords to use in your posts to increase engagement. Just type in googlekeywordtool.com to find the site. All you do to use this tool is type in a word or a phrase or a website name and GoogleKeyword Tool will show you a list of similar keywords and a count of how often each word has been searched. Use this tool to help your website show up on Search Engine pages.
2. Dropbox – use this tool to share large files with your project members. Put all your work in Dropbox and you will be able to access it anywhere on any electronic platform. Edit documents, videos, photos and share the work with other team members like you are using a single computer and it is all private so you control who sees what. You can also sign up for Dropbox for business at dropbox.com.
3. Pic monkey – this is a photo editing tool which is free, go to pic monkey.com to try it out. It features a photo editor which can do touch up work, make a collage or add graphic design to your work. No need to download anything, it works in your browser. Picmonkey has many fonts to choose from to add a custom message. They also have the pre-set sizing tool for various social media platforms which you can put your photo into. The website has a detailed tutorial you can follow to learn how to use this tool effectively.
4. HootSuite – this free tool will track all your social media conversations in one place. In one Dashboard you can schedule tweets and Facebook posts. Hootsuite has the ability to let you choose permission levels so others can access only what they are working on for you. This tool has analytics to track your brand, see your demographics and charts your conversations to see what is effective and what is not.
5. Sum All – This is another analytic tool to use to compare data across all your social media platforms. It can pull up Twitter data and compare it with your Google Analytics. It can sum up to 5 lines of data types. You can get reports sent to your inbox in weekly or daily reports. It’s free, try it at sum all.com.
6. Pixlr.com – this is another free photo editing tool. With over 2 million combinations of effects you will be able to edit photos for your website and give them a professional look to help your engagement. You can create collages, add borders, remove red-eye, edit color and many other photo editing techniques available in Pixlr. Pixlr also has a favorite button so you can save your favorite effects and reuse them. Try it out at Pixlr.com.
These are 6 free tools among many out there. Each one can add to your social media marketing for your business and help you manage a variety of social media platforms with more efficiency.
Try out each tool and see what works for you. The wonderful thing about most social media tools is they are easy to learn, most useful to have and will help point your social media marketing in the direction you should be going.
Make sure to use at least 1 analytic tool, one photo editor tool and know what keywords are the most effective to your brand and you will have successful social media!
You have a business and have started a blog or maybe have a blog page on your business website. You are not sure what to do now but you are interested in using Social Media to help market your brand or service.
The first thing you need to do is link all your social media accounts to your blog. In WordPress, the feature is called Publicize. This is listed under the Publish menu. Click on Publicize to add and delete the sites you want your content linked to.
The benefit of linking social media sites is it can help you develop a large following. Let’s look at Facebook first. If you already have a personal Facebook account, add your blog links to your account so friends can visit your website or blog. This will give them an opportunity to share with their friends who might share again and so on. This can give your business a following fast.
Tumblr is another good source to share content on. Tumblr actually allows you to use Tags on keywords so people searching will find your content if you have the right keywords. Remember, every time someone reflags your post, a whole new audience is getting a chance to see your content and reblog it again !
Millions use Twitter everyday to look for anything and everything. When using Twitter, make sure you use a hashtag in the tweet. Hashtags are what people use to search for content. Also, try to talk about topics which are currently trending. Let’s say you have a retail flower shop, you wouldn’t want to talk about summer gardening tips in December. Instead post content on holiday decorating ideas or how to winterize outdoor plantings.
Pinterest is another great way to show your personal side to your business and show your products at the same time. Create boards with interesting titles, have some fun boards as well. Pinterest is a totally visual social media experience so make it count. If you sell pool supplies, have a board with exotic waterways and eye catching waterfalls. You can intersperse your product in between your beautiful visuals that people will hopefully Pin to their boards. Any Pin you make, your name and ID will be attached to it so when people re-Pin it, your name gets floater with it!
Other ways to attract a following in social media is to follow through on your followers. What does that mean? Take note of who has followed you on all your social media platforms, not just Twitter and see if they have relevance to what you are trying to do. Interact with them by following back, sharing or liking their content.
Quick Tip – If you have someone follow you on Twitter, check to see if they are on Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr or LinkedIn or any other social media sites you have. This will help you build your audience in all of your social media platforms at the same time.
Get involved with your Analytics. The data doesn’t lie. If you wrote content that got the most shared responses you may want to follow up with another post along the same content idea.
Makes sure to follow other blogs so you can share links. Finding popular blogs and following them could lead to a link to you being shared and having that blog population give you the broad exposure you are looking for.
Last but certainly not least, Don’t give up! Don’t ever give up! You need to keep posting content, fine tune your message and keep your social media platforms relevant. Keep reading your Stats to know when you are reaching people and when you are not. This will help you become successful at marketing your business using Social Media !
Please feel free to share this post if you found it useful.
Instagram is fast becoming the social media platform of choice for many and when it comes to your business, Instagram can be a very lucrative means to sell your product. Like many social media platforms, Instagram is free, of course, easy to learn and use, plus you can use it to post to all your social media accounts like Twitter and Facebook.
We will get into how to use Instagram and some business tips when using Instagram but first an example of what Instagram can do for small businesses.
I was reading in my local Sunday paper “The Daily News” about a salon that put a picture on Instagram of new hair extension product they are selling. It was such a hit for co-owner Miranda Plater of Limelight Extensions, that she said this one photo generated about $10,000 in new sales for her business.
Instagram can help drive your sales and develop your brand. Currently Instagram has over 200 million users worldwide.
So, lets get started with setting up an account. Follow these simple steps to start:
1. open up the Instagram app
2. click on the sign up button on the bottom of the page to create your account using your email address.
3. Next choose to import friends from your other social media accounts like Facebook, Twitter or your contact list.
4. Now choose your method of sharing – do you want to share with everyone or just a few selected people ?
5. Learn about the Tabs –
Feed Tab – Use this tab to scroll through posts by the users you are following.
Popular Tab – learn what is gaining the attention of others on Instagram.
News Tab – when your photo gets a comment, liked or you gain a new follower, your News Tab will show you this data.
Profile Tab – use this to see all of your uploaded photos, a list of your followers and who you are following, edit your profile and add or delete your social networks under the “Edit sharing settings”.
If you like a photo on Instagram you can show your interest by pressing the heart shaped button under a photo or double tap on the image.
Now a few tips for using Instagram to sell your product:
1. If you are just starting out, try to balance photos with fun photos mixed in with your product photos to gain followers. Using just your product photos may not attract many but a picture of a cute animal may.
2. Follow your followers back. This may seem like simple advice. You follow your Twitter followers so don’t ignore your Instagram followers !
3. Use filters to change the look of your photos. Try out different filters for different effects.
4. Develop a plan to post on a regular basis so you get into the ‘feed’.
5. Engage with other by commenting on photos you like and use hashtags.
6. Know the facts! You need to know how you are doing so use a analytic tool to track your progress. Curalate is one tool which can track Instagram post’s likes, comments and see how it has added followers for you.
How do you actually post a photo to Instagram ?
When you open the Instagram app, down at the bottom in the center is a square with a blue circle inside it. Press this and you will see your camera and your camera roll. Take a photo or choose your photo from your camera roll. Next you see the Tools section. Here is where you can put a filter on the photo and make alterations. All the tools are in this section. You can do just as much photo alteration in this tool section as you can in a IPhoto app. When you are done, press next at top right hand side of screen. This will bring you to the Followers Share page. This is where you title your photo, decide who you are going to share it with, add a map location if you would like and tag people. When you are done press the share button and your photo has been posted on Instagram. It’s that easy.
Instagram can be your next best social media selling tool if you use it the right way. Your business will benefit, your brand will benefit and you will be successfully using social media to increase sales. Try it out !
Please feel free to comment, retweet, like, and share this post if you found it to be useful.
Everyone is talking about Content Marketing. What is content marketing and how can you use it to help your business grow?
Content marketing is marketing in which you create media to share through social media channels to help gain a boarder customer base.
You do not have to be a marketing person to create a content marketing plan for your business. Start off simple using your social media platforms to create interesting and useful content your customers will want to share.
How do you come up with a content marketing plan?
To start with you must decide what your goal is. This will help narrow your content choices to post. Decide what types of marketing visuals you are comfortable using. Visual content includes videos, podcasts, info graphics and e-books to share. Don’t worry about being super creative. With so many web based tools out there today to help, it is much easier to create graphic material than you may realize.
Next decide what social media platforms would suit your business the best. You may not know this at first so try different platforms and pay attention to the analytics. Some social media platforms have there own built in analytics or ‘stats’ like WordPress. If not, sign up for Google analytics which is an excellent source to show you what content is working for you and what content isn’t. You cannot possibly know this information without looking at your Stats.
Most people know about the social media platforms of Twitter and Facebook. There are many more that are gaining popularity especially in certain demographic areas such as Tumblr with younger audiences, Flicker, Pinterest and don’t forget about YouTube. Many an entrepreneur have started out on YouTube.
The most successful content marketing is consistent with a high quality of reliable information that is useful to viewers in solving problems or just plain good to know stuff!
For an example of content marketing lets say you own a local consignment store which sells mostly clothes and accessories. Your content marketing may consist of posts that feature helpful hints to organize your closet, how to pick the right colors to wear or feature fashion trends for the upcoming season. Once you find your post, use your social media accounts to post to. Start a Pinterest board featuring vintage clothing and your helpful tips. You could also create Pinterest boards for customers to Pin. Encourage viewers to Like or Share your content. Make sure if you blog to add social share button for viewers to share your post.
Don’t forget about seasonal holidays and local events to include in your social media content marketing plan. Learn how to use hashtags to maximize your impact on Twitter.
Content marketing is a great tool for all businesses to utilize, especially if you are just starting out and have little or no advertising budget. You don’t need big bucks to create a larger presence with social media. Your content marketing should be helpful, fun and social to put your business out there in the world to compete with the big guys.