Successful Social Media recommends reading this post from the Social Media Examiner about Pinterest’s New Analytic Tool
click on the link to the Social Media Examiner’s Blog Pinterest Analytics Tool
by Roberta Alluzio >
by Roberta Alluzio >
I can’t tell you how many times a day someone will say “Just start a blog”. Sure, it’s that easy. That would be nice if it was true. Having a blog is a constant growing thing that must be tended to like your garden. You can’t just let things go and have the weeds take over. There are many things you can do to grow your blog and keep your blog traffic increasing as you go along. Engaging content is always what you strive for.
It’s great to be able to write fantastic posts every time but in case you don’t, here are just a few tips to consider –
1. Ask a question in your post. Try to have a call to action for people to respond to.
2. Link an article to another blog and leave your comments on that blog. Always check the link to make sure it works.
3. Blog about important information that will be helpful to readers or new news in your business area people might want to know about.
4. Include keywords that search engines will pick up and use trending topics to reference in your posts.
5. Try to aim for one longer article each week. It takes about 1500 characters for SEO optimization. So take some time to develop one awesome post a week.
6. Make sure your post gets promoted to your Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr and any other social media platform you use. Always check on it to make sure it actually went through. Let your network know about the post to help co-promote it.
7. Networking – spend a set amount of time each day networking. This means read other blogs, comment on them, share the blogs you like with your Facebook. Tweet out good posts on your twitter. You can look up bloggers you like and connect with them on Twitter or Facebook. They will appreciate you did that and you may gain a follower for social media accounts that you have.
8. Check your stats out. See what has worked for you in the past and what hasn’t. You can’t know what is really working without keeping an eye on your stats.
9. Be true to yourself and write only about things you believe in and like. Don’t force yourself to write a blog about hair and makeup because you think you will make easy money. You need to be interested in what you are blogging about.
10. Show a personal side to your blog. Don’t have it be all about business. That’s for your website to do. The blog is where you can show the personality behind the business and help people as it may pertain to what you do professionally.
Tend to your blog like a garden, some days you must weed, some days you must feed it but above all else, enjoy it !
The Pinterest social network is far reaching. More than you may know. Make sure to have a Pin social share button on your Blog. You can add this by going to Settings and Sharing page. If you have the Pin share button, make sure you Pin your content from your Blog. By using the Pin It Button, every single one of your pins will include a Link back to the source. This means that Pinners can encounter your content and link back to visit your Webpage or Blog with just one click. Keep your Pinterest boards on topic and try to follow a theme. Follow boards of users that you would want to follow you back. Using Pinterest can help establish your brand. Try to remember your target audience and come up with content that will be helpful and may offer solutions to your audiences problem. Content is about starting conversations not just campaign marketing. Depending on your product or service, color boards are often interesting and fun to follow. The average Pinterest visitor that will look at a board may browse up to about 200 to 300 Pins. After that interest level goes down. A board with 10,000 Pin may be impressive at first but when visitors start to browse through your Pins chances are they will be onto something else by Pin number 250. Break the board up into categories and create several boards not just one big one. Use Pinterest to your advantage and Happy Pinning !
Sharing is good right ? Make sure you have all the share buttons you want on your blog in the format you like. The share buttons will allow your viewers to share your valuable content with their social media network. To add share buttons to your WordPress blog, go to the blog Dashboard. Under settings, select sharing. The Sharing Settings page will appear. The first section is for you to connect your blog to your social media sites such as Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more. After you make sure your blog is connected to your social media sites, go further down the share page to Sharing Buttons. Click and drag the share buttons you wish to enable. Below this section, you can change the format of the share buttons to words only or words and icons or just the share icon. Customize the share buttons to suit your blog’s style. Happy Sharing !