Successful Social Media recommends reading this post from the Social Media Examiner about Pinterest’s New Analytic Tool
click on the link to the Social Media Examiner’s Blog Pinterest Analytics Tool
Do you feel you are always looking for great content or have a hard time keep all your resources where you can easily use them? There are many social media content marketing tools out there to help unclutter the social media mess that can sometimes build up. Whether it’s keeping track of tweets or putting together presentations that multiple people need to work on that are in different states, here are 8 tools to try out. Most are free.
1. Buzzsumo is a free and paid content marketing app that will help you find the influencers in any topic, track your competitors and show you what the most popular shared content currently is. For content insights, Buzzsumo will show you the total shares across various social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google + and Pinterest. You can apply filters to narrow your search for certain timeframes from 24 hours up to a year. You can also filter by type of post you are looking for such as videos, info graphics, interviews and more. Buzzsumo will analyze content performance and show you what is the most popular using Keywords to search topics.
2. Listly is a fun way to compile list on certain subjects. You can follow other creators lists and create your own list which subscribers can add content to. The content can be shared and voted on. Listly is a good way to keep track of resource lists, track of media publicity for your business and it’s free to sign up.
3. Buffer app will create a queue to let you share articles throughout the day on your social media platforms. This is great for writing a bunch of posts when you have time and let Buffer spread out the posting. Buffer can give your post a short link, analyze how well your posts are doing and tell you how many have clicked on your links.
4. Prezi is a cloud based app that enables you to give presentations right from your iPad or iPhone. It is convenient to collaborate with co-workers who might be at another location. You can manage privacy and sharing abilities. They do have enhanced image editing and support. A free trial offer for a month to try it out. Good for businesses that give many presentations.
5. Ubbersuggest is a Keyword content search tool. Input your keyword, choose your language and your search options from the web or specific places such as the News or Videos. You can keep your searches for later reference. It’s free to use and can generate many leads for those days you need a little help finding topics.
6. Gravity crawls and indexes web content and determines relevancy on what is a trending topic. Gravity will show you content based on what you engage with the most on line to help you find the most shared and popular content. They use page views, social counts and uniques to help accomplish their indexing relevancy.
7. TweetDeck can monitor multiple timelines from you social media platforms. Use TweetDeck to schedule your tweets, receive alerts for new information or tweets and use it to create searches on various things like trending topics and hashtags. Keep track of all your searches and activity in one place and of course, it’s free.
8. MailChimp is a source to get insights about your subscribers social media engagement. Send automated emails and keep records of important conversations. MailChimp will help you target your email mailings with best send time optimization suggestions and help your analyze your customer base. MailChimp has a free plan for up to 12,000 emails and 2,000 subscribers. After that fees will apply.
So get organized, try these tools to see if they make your social media part of the day a little easier and feel free to share or like this post if you found it useful !
If you want to promote your product or service using social media, Videos are an excellent way to do this because most social media platforms are visual and a video can easily capture the viewers attention. So you want to do a video but don’t know where to start.
Here are a few tips to start you off:
1. First you need to define your purpose of your video – is it to sell a product, gain more brand recognition, establish a stronger connection with your customers ? Define and write out this objective so you can refer to it when things start to go off track.
2. Know what kind of video you want to produce. Once you have defined the video purpose you can move onto how you want to present that in video format. There are many kinds of videos, you can do a Q & A, testimonials, before & afters, educational, a tutorial, solve a problem, tell a story, present an interview or video about an upcoming event you are having.
3. Know who you are marketing to. This may seem simple but knowing your customer base is important for sending the right message. Your video already has your purpose defined, now you need an end goal. Fill in the blanks to this question of – if video does this________, then _______ should happen. An example would be – If I tell a story of how my business got started and the emotional road which lead to where I am today, then I am appealing to an emotional need of my consumer base that will help me gain more followers on my website.
4. Use Keywords in the video language. You can look up Keywords using web tools like wordtracker.com and Ubersuggest.org. Plan your language carefully. You don’t want to come across rehearsed or to scripted. Most small business videos are best done when non-professionals appear in them. People will relate better to you and your business. Remember, we are talking about Social Media Videos not TV ads. That’s is entirely a different ball game.
5. Communicate in the first few seconds of your video what it is all about and let people know why they should continue to watch. Don’t beat around the bush with a lot of wordy phrases. The more visual and creative you keep your video the longer folks will watch.
6. Keep your video short – between 1 and 2 minutes is a good place to start. The more traffic and sharing you get for your videos, the longer you can start to make them.
7. Have a Call to Action – always let the viewer know what you would like them to do after they have watched your video – do you want them to like your page, visit a website, sign up for a newsletter, subscribe to your YouTube channel? Let them know. Also, it is important to let viewers know what will happen when they do what your are asking. For example, don’t surprise or spam people – let them know when they visit your site they can expect to see __________. Or if you are looking for followers, you may want to let them know, if you follow, we will follow back or send a coupon, anything that you are planning to do for the folks who supported you.
8. Use Vine or Instagram to quickly and easily post your videos. You do not need an expensive camera or a studio, iPhones and most smartphones are the easiest way to shoot and share almost immediately. If you didn’t like your first try, just delete and shoot again.
Remember, Social Media is about sharing positive and useful information which may be letting viewers know about your great product or service. So when shooting videos, be creative, be visual, be positive and fun. That is how to get positive results.
Please feel free to share or like if you found this post useful.
You started a blog and now you want to jazz it up a bit but don’t know where to start. Are you looking to add video or audio to your posts ?
Here are a few WordPress tips to help you with those features.
Adding Video to your WordPress site –
Find the video URL to copy. Most URLs can be found in the reader bar or YouTube for example usually has the video link in a menu below the video. Open up a post in the Editor. Place your cursor where you would like the video to appear. Paste the link. Be sure that your video is not hyperlinked. To tell if your video is hyperlinked see if the ink color of the link is the same as your theme’s ink color. If it is then it’s hyperlinked. To unlink it, select by highlighting the link then click on the box with the broken chain link in the editor to unlink the hyperlink. Click Publish and your post should have a playable video embedded in it. Be sure to check out your post to confirm it works so if a search engine finds your post, it will not find a broken link.
Adding Audio to your WordPress site -
There are many ways to add audio. You can use an audio player like Spotify to easily add music to your site. If you just want to upload a audio file from the Web go to your Visual Editor. Insert the word audio with bracket before it like this:
http://example.file.wordpress.com2014/mp3 . Next insert the URL and put an end bracket on last.
A soundtrack player bar sound appear in your post. If you don’t have a flash player installed then the direct download link will be displayed instead. To loop your track add more short code of |loop = yes before the end bracket like this:
Embedding a Playlist into your Sidebar -
To do this, go to the Dashboard, Appearance menu then widgets. Add the Music Player widget into a widget space. Click on your audio link or upload from your audio files in your library.
To edit the songs titles or any information about an audio track, go to your Media Library to make any changes.
If your screen is blank when you try to add songs to the music player widget, try disabling the Accessibility Mode. You can find this in the Appearance – widgets – click on the Screen Options tab in upper right hand corner and then click Disable Accessibility Mode. Go back and try adding your song again.
By adding sound and video you can really customize your website or blog and show your creative side.
If you found this post useful, please feel free to share or like.
After a little time off, it’s back to school, back to work and back to doing one of my favorite things – Blogging about Social Media –
new apps, technical tips and hopefully general useful tips on how social media can benefit your business.
As I went to post I realized my Tag cache was very full of repetitive tags, misspelled tags and tags I really don’t use. You need to eventually clean up your Tag library on your WordPress blog. Here are a few tips to do that.
First, lets talk about what a TAG is. A Tag is used to help reader find your content and also let readers know quickly what your post is about. You will find the Tag box under the gear wheel on a mobile device or on your computer look to the right sidebar just under the category menu.
If you do not see anything but the word Tag, click on the up arrow in righthand corner of Tag box to reveal the full Tag box.
To add new tags, simply type the tag name in the box and click Add. If you are adding more than 1 tag, be sure to separate them out with commas ! You can also use tag phrases but keep it short, no more than 3 words. The other option is to click on the Choose from Most Used Tags to see all of your previously used tags.
As you click on the tags you want to use, the tag name will appear below the Tag box with a tiny “x” next to it. After looking at your Tag list you may decide you want to delete a tag, just click on the “x” next to tag word and it will be deleted.
If you are using a mobile device and want to use previously used tags, just start typing the tag word and your tag list should come up, select the tag you were looking for.
Now, you may not be aware that WordPress is storing all those tags you used. Like many, we misspell words or find certain tag phrases work better than others so you may want to clean up your tag list so duplicates and the like do not clutter your list which should save you time.
Here’s how to clean up your Tag List:
Go to your Dashboard. Here you will see the Tag option, click on Tag. In this section a box will appear with all your Tags. If you click on a tag in this box, the description box will be enabled and you can add a description to the tag. Next to that you will see all your tags listed alphabetically.
To delete one tag, you can either check box next to tag to bring up the edit menu, then click delete or hover your mouse over the tag word and the menu should appear, click delete.
To delete multiple tags at one time, check off the box next to all the tag words you wish to delete. Next go to the top menu that says Bulk Action. Click on the up/down arrows next to it. The word Delete will appear, click on it, then you must click Apply to have the delete function occur.
As you can see, this menu is a handy tool to see all your tags, any descriptions you have given them, the slug and how many times you have used a particular tag.
You may want to note – the tags that you have used the most, there may be a correlation between your more popular content and well used tags !
Remember not to use to many tags as this could have an adverse effect by having your content turn up in searches which do not reflect what your post is about. For an extreme example – if your post is about installing a sink, don’t use a Tag such as Ice Bucket Challenge because that is a popular tag. Search engines do not like that kind of behavior and will rank you lower. Note * I will not be putting that tag in my tag list*
So get back to work, write your posts and remember to use Tags and clean out those old Tags that are of no use to you anymore.
Happy Tagging !
Do you worry you might not fit into the corporate culture you are about to enter with your new IT job? Dice.com blogpost says there’s an app for that ! Click the link to read more.