You have a business and have started a blog or maybe have a blog page on your business website. You are not sure what to do now but you are interested in using Social Media to help market your brand or service.
The first thing you need to do is link all your social media accounts to your blog. In WordPress, the feature is called Publicize. This is listed under the Publish menu. Click on Publicize to add and delete the sites you want your content linked to.
The benefit of linking social media sites is it can help you develop a large following. Let’s look at Facebook first. If you already have a personal Facebook account, add your blog links to your account so friends can visit your website or blog. This will give them an opportunity to share with their friends who might share again and so on. This can give your business a following fast.
Tumblr is another good source to share content on. Tumblr actually allows you to use Tags on keywords so people searching will find your content if you have the right keywords. Remember, every time someone reflags your post, a whole new audience is getting a chance to see your content and reblog it again !
Millions use Twitter everyday to look for anything and everything. When using Twitter, make sure you use a hashtag in the tweet. Hashtags are what people use to search for content. Also, try to talk about topics which are currently trending. Let’s say you have a retail flower shop, you wouldn’t want to talk about summer gardening tips in December. Instead post content on holiday decorating ideas or how to winterize outdoor plantings.
Pinterest is another great way to show your personal side to your business and show your products at the same time. Create boards with interesting titles, have some fun boards as well. Pinterest is a totally visual social media experience so make it count. If you sell pool supplies, have a board with exotic waterways and eye catching waterfalls. You can intersperse your product in between your beautiful visuals that people will hopefully Pin to their boards. Any Pin you make, your name and ID will be attached to it so when people re-Pin it, your name gets floater with it!
Other ways to attract a following in social media is to follow through on your followers. What does that mean? Take note of who has followed you on all your social media platforms, not just Twitter and see if they have relevance to what you are trying to do. Interact with them by following back, sharing or liking their content.
Quick Tip – If you have someone follow you on Twitter, check to see if they are on Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr or LinkedIn or any other social media sites you have. This will help you build your audience in all of your social media platforms at the same time.
Get involved with your Analytics. The data doesn’t lie. If you wrote content that got the most shared responses you may want to follow up with another post along the same content idea.
Makes sure to follow other blogs so you can share links. Finding popular blogs and following them could lead to a link to you being shared and having that blog population give you the broad exposure you are looking for.
Last but certainly not least, Don’t give up! Don’t ever give up! You need to keep posting content, fine tune your message and keep your social media platforms relevant. Keep reading your Stats to know when you are reaching people and when you are not. This will help you become successful at marketing your business using Social Media !
Please feel free to share this post if you found it useful.
My Harvest of scallions from my container garden on my deck.
I love container gardening in the summer. It is a great way to have a few fresh vegetables with little work. I plant cucumbers, squash, onions, tomatoes and peppers in window boxes and put them right out my front door deck. It is easy to manage and just enough food to harvest. All you need is a plastic window box and soil and a bit of Miracle Grow doesn’t hurt ! Try It !
Anatomy of a Shareable Info Graphic Click on Link from HubSpot
Do you use Social Media to promote your business?
Most social media platforms are free and easy to learn how to use. Twitter is one of the most easy to learn how to use.
Here are few tips about Twitter.
When you sign up for Twitter you will need to follow other Twitter profiles to help build your account. Look for influencers in your line of business. Check out their tweets and see if it something you are interested in or you agree with their point of view. In order to have a successful business Twitter account, you want to follow other Twitter viewers that have relevance to you.
Keep track of your followers and follow them back. You don’t have to follow everyone back. In general I follow back people that have tweets that I myself would tweet about. For the most part if you get followers you rather not have, chances are if you do not interact with them, they will eventually get disinterested in you and stop following your account.
Use hashtags to find out what people are interested in. For example, if you sell exercise equipment, search a hashtag for #exercise trends to find out what others are looking for. Hashtag your tweets as well. This will make you easier to find on Twitter.
Be to the point with your Tweets. You only have 140 characters per tweet so make every one of them count. If you are including a link to your website, use a shortening site to save on characters. bit.ly is a popular tool that can do this.
Make sure you fill out your profile completely. Use a good photo that has relevance to your brand. You can pick a photo that you use for your website or other social media accounts. Be sure to add a background. You can choose backgrounds from Twitter or download your own image. To choose a background go to the gear in the upper right hand corner. Click on it and under settings you will find backgrounds. Either choose one of Twitter’s pre-made backgrounds or go to the use existing image and down load your photo. Be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the page and save.
If you are selling a product, use visuals in your tweets. Social media is a visual media and tweets with pics get noticed more easily. Try not to be all about just business on your account. Have some fun tweets or useful tips that relate to your business. For example, if you are in the fitness business, tweet about a new hot exercise trend or useful tips for seasonal variations for your exercise routine. Show photos of your products being used at a road race or sporting event.
The best way to thank a follower is retweet or favorite one of their tweets. I learned early on from a nice soul that DMs (Direct Messages) to thank someone for a follow can be risky. Many folks do not like getting those because the DM could be coming from an unverified account with malicious links. I think Twitter and web browsers have been working on this problem and it is much better now but retweeting someone or favoriting their tweet will give their content more exposure which is really the object of social media. Get your message out there for the whole world to see!
So, if you do not use Twitter now, sign up at Twitter.com and start your account. Follow these few simple ideas to get you started and get to tweeting my friend.
Please feel free to share or like this post if you found it useful.
Google is the most widely used Search Engine in web searches. So knowing a little more about Google can’t hurt, right? Did you know Google uses over 200 factors to index pages and content ? I’m not sure what all the 200 factors are but some important ones to be aware of when thinking about SEO for your business website are:
1. the site quality 2. the freshness of the content 3. is the site safe to search
Here are 10 random Google things you might want to investigate further if they suit what you are trying to do with Google:
1. Google indexes content by following links from one page to another page, then sorts by their content by the “200 other factors”. That’s why it’s important to have good links.
2. Did you know you can unsend emails with Google? Goto your Google account and under the gear, select Settings, then select Labs, scroll down to UndoSend and select ‘Enable’. Now every time you send an email, Google will give you the option in a TEN SECOND window to undo the sent link. But remember, it’s TEN seconds, so think fast.
3. Did you know you can see all of a documents revisions at once by using Google drive? Goto your drive.google.com account, click Create, select Document and click on File, then select Revision History to see all the revisions made to your document. Click on a time stamp to restore a particular version of the document.
4. You can collaborate and edit a project with others at the same time using drive.google.com. Goto your account and click Create. Select Presentation, Share and Invite People. Add your team members email addresses in the Invite People Box and click Share & Save and multiple people can work on the project at the same time!
5. Do you want to see what pages Google has indexed under your website ? Go to the Google web browser and type in
:< your site name> and Google will display what it has indexed. Nice tip from Ian Cleary at Razor social !
6. Always add descriptive Meta Tags to your pages so Google can use your site description if your text matches users searches.
7. Make sure your page titles are short and informative. Google only uses up to a certain number of characters so your title will get cut off if it is too long.
8. When adding Meta Tags remember Google might use snippets from your Meta Tags. A snippet is text displayed beneath the title of corresponding web page in the search result pages of a search engine.
9. Improve the search engine’s accessibility to your site by avoiding complex navigation of links by linking every page to every other page on the site. Also avoid page navigation which solely uses drop down menus, images or animation.
10. Use Google AdWords’s Keyword Tool to help you use variations of keywords for compelling content.
You may know every one of these things about Google already but if you didn’t and if you have a Google snippet, please do share ! Feel free to share or like this post if you found it useful !